Presidents Update: June, 2019
Welcome to the Saltburn Golf Club June 2019 newsletter. I hope you have found the content of the previous two newsletters both informative and interesting. If you have any constructive comments regarding the newsletter then please email your thoughts to our club secretary. This month’s edition contains a member’s section which we will expand upon in the forthcoming months.
Over the past three months volunteers at the club have been working on the principles of good governance in golf clubs. Our club is run by an elected executive committee which has the responsibility to make decisions that will benefit the members and ensure a sustainable future for the club. Part of the process is to establish the Vision, Mission and Core Values of a golf club prior to the implementation of a strategic plan.
The executive committee have identified the following principles:
• The provision of a high quality, value-for-money golfing and social experience for our members and visitors
This vision will be achieved by having:
• An efficiently-managed business that has sound financial foundations
• A golf course that is a challenging test of golf, yet enjoyable for golfers of all abilities
• High-quality and comfortable clubhouse with first-class hospitality and a variety of social events.
• Providing facilities for and promote participation of the whole community in the sport of golf.
Our Statement of Values:
• Responsive to Member’s needs: “Members first in everything we do”
• Welcoming, friendly, relaxed and inclusive
• Open, transparent and accountable decision-making
• Honesty, integrity and fair dealings with everyone
• Commitment to a safe and healthy environment
• Friendly service from a well-trained and talented team of staff
We are very interested in members constructive comments and suggestions in relation to the above principles. Please forward your comments to our club secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would like to thank the Ladies and EGGs sections for their kind donations towards the flower tubs located at the entrance to the main car park. Thanks also to Longbeck nurseries who have kindly donated hanging baskets and flower bags and to Carruthers Jewellers for donating the new balcony clock.
Thank you to everyone who attended the club’s 125 Anniversary opening ceremony on Tuesday 28 May. I look forward to seeing you all at the various events in the coming months, as part of our celebration.
On a personal note I completed my ninth marathon in Edinburgh on Sunday 26 May in a time of 4hrs 29 minutes. I am hoping to raise as much money as possible for the RNLI so there is still the opportunity to sponsor me for this great cause if you would like to do so.
Charlie Bell - President